Thursday, July 10, 2014

22 Jump Street (2014) ★★


I know this sequel is getting rave reviews, and trust me, I understand why, it's hilarious, but I kinda felt like it was the same plot regurgitated, retwisted, and recycled to make the exact same movie!  Two cop friends go back to school to infiltrate another drug system; make new friends, again; they inevitably grow apart; decide to separate, again; realize they're better together, what?! no way!; join up once more and ultimately catch the bad guys. And voila! We have a 21 Jump Street remake. Big whoop! 

To give the movie credit, it's hilarious and yes, I would probably watch it again!  ...even if the only reason I would do so would be to watch Channing Tatum.  He's pretty hot.  

Describing Words: funny, entertaining, a solid comedy 

Who Should I Take?: your friends and their friends and more friends 

Do I recommend this movie to you?: sure.  But there's no need to watch the 21 before the 22.  It's all pretty much the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment