Thursday, July 10, 2014

Maleficent (2014) ★★★


Well, I don't watch cartoons, like, ever.  So, I only vaguely know the old story of Sleeping Beauty and thank goodness they came out with a real version!!

Angelina Jolie, who just so happens to also be my favorite person in the entire world, played her role of Maleficent absolutely magnificent! (Haha.  I had to! ...sorry)  The character was brave and strong and fierce, and her gentle edge peeped through enough to make you smile and love her.

I'm giving this movie a solid three stars, but seriously, come on Hollywood!  Did the "cute guy factory" just stop dishing them out or what??!  Geez!  I know Angelina is on a level all her own, but you've gotta get someone who's at least CLOSE on her looks scale or it's just pathetic.  I'm just sayin!

And Elle Fanning, sorry hun, but I wanted to wipe that stupid smile off her face the whole time!  "Look happy" and "look like a doll with a permanent smile painted on" are two completely different things!

Angelina Jolie. Stay just the way you are!! Perfectness.

Describing Words: a different look at a classic story, quirky, exceptional, enrapturing

Who Should I Take?: your babysitters club, your family and friends, your grandma, your cousin, your aunt

Do I recommend this movie to you?:  For. Sure.  This is going to be one of my favorites of 2014 and I know I'll be watching it again as soon as it comes out on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment